Dual Licensed Massage Therapist & Esthetician
Sonoran Serenity Spa & Holistic Wellness Center is an established Tempe business; we are celebrating our 10th anniversary in March! We are a 5 Star Yelp business and consistently come up in searches as a top spa in Tempe which gives our employees the opportunity to build a reliable repeat clientele. We do not offer deep discounting (like Groupon) on any of our treatments and services. We are small, locally and woman-owned with a staff of 12 and have room to add 1-2 more team members. We have shift availability on weekends, Friday - Sunday and occasional weekdays.
All of the employees and the owner are SWIHA/SWINA graduates. We have a very “SWIHA” vibe and energy. Besides traditional spa services like massages and facials, we also offer Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Chakra Clearing and Balancing, Coaching, Polarity, Cranio-sacral, Crystal Healing and others. We are lifetime learners and we are always looking to incorporate new modalities into our offerings.
If you are looking for a drama-free place to fit in, check us out. We are currently hiring for Dual Licensed Massage Therapists and Estheticians. If you are still in school for aesthetics but are already an LMT, please send us your resume. We are not currently hiring single licensed estheticians or wellness practitioners at this time, however we will be when we move. Also, we are a day spa, not a medspa and do not offer laser services.
As a small, local business, Sonoran Serenity Spa & Holistic Wellness Center works very hard to support other small, local businesses with both the products we use and retail and with the art and jewelry we sell in our boutique. Our menu boasts unique treatments and services that incorporate aromatherapy and CBD as well as traditional services. Tired of working in a cramped treatment room? Our rooms are HUGE! Tired of being rushed in between clients? We offer a generous buffer time to ensure the client gets their full time on the table. The ideal candidate should have knowledge of Skin Script, Colorescience and Le Mieux product lines, as well as dermaplaning and chemical peels. Deep tissue, prenatal, cupping and hot stone (Himalayan Salt Stone) massage skills are a plus. Full and part-time opportunities are available. Wages are a combination commission on services as well as products you retail to clients plus 100% of your tips. We strongly encourage all candidates to check our website, sonoranserenityspa.com to learn more about our treatment offerings and our culture. Our clients love us! Check out our reviews on Facebook, Yelp and Google.
If you are looking for a “SWIHA-friendly” environment with huge treatment rooms, generous buffer time between clients and a nice paycheck please contact us, we’d love to talk to you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Arrive at work 30 minutes prior to shift start to prep treatment room
- Thorough knowledge of our treatment menu including any specials
- Thoroughly review client intake forms prior to treatment
- Perform 60, 75 and 90 minute relaxation and/or therapeutic massages
- Perform skincare treatments per protocol
- Perform combination massage + facial treatments per protocol
- Perform waxing and brow tinting as needed
- Turn room in a timely manner following Arizona State Board of Cosmetology sanitation requirements
- Clean all bowls, brushes, etc. immediately following treatment, including sanitation per State Board requirements
- Ensure treatments/services start and end on time
- Thorough knowledge of product lines we carry
- Recommend and retail home care products
- Encourage client to pre-book for their next service
Qualifications and Skills
- Arizona Licensed Massage Therapist AND Arizona Licensed Esthetician
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Knowledge of Skin Script, Colorescience and Le Mieux product lines
- Massage modalities such as Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myotherapy, Sports, etc.
- Hot Stone, Cupping and Prenatal massage a plus
- Face waxing, body waxing a plus
- Dermaplaning certification
- Experience retailing products
- Large treatment rooms
- Buffer time in between clients
- Direct deposit of paychecks
- Discount on skincare products
- Free membership which includes your choice of service once per month and discounts on additional services (must be consistently working 20 hours per week for this benefit)
Location: 1628 E Southern Avenue, Suite 13, Tempe, AZ 85282
Salary: Varies, but typically $25-$50 per hour